All personal information supplied by you, whether voluntarily or mandatory, will be recorded and processed regardless of form or medium in which the information is supplied. We have a strong commitment to respecting concerns regarding privacy and will process all personal information in accordance with the provisions set out hereunder.
Collecting Personal Information:
We endeavour to collect and process information that has been collected directly from you.
We collect the following information:
- email addresses;
- contact numbers;
- version of web browser;
- IP address;
- cookie information;
- physical and postal address.
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via email, and or on our website
so that we may:
1. respond to any query or comment received from you;
2. inform you of new services;
3. enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
4. for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
5. generally to improve your experience on our website.
We do not intentionally collect personal information from minor children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your minor child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address below to request the deletion thereof.
Processing of Information:
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
In accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), we process personal information where:
- it is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- the processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- the processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- the processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
- the processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal
information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing,
accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of
your personal information; and
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy
on reasonable request.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Selling Personal Information:
We do not sell the information and will only share same with service providers as set out herein.
You have the right at any time to:
- access your personal data by sending a written request to our Information Officer who’s contact details are set out below. We may charge you a fee for this service;
- request us to correct or supplement any of your personal data which we will undertake as soon as practicable;
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information. We will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting us from destroying your personal data; and
- lodge a complaint with the company.
Transborder Flow of Information:
We may transfer your information outside South African borders for retention purposes and/or if our service provider/s are cross-border or uses cross-boarder systems. We will only share your information with service providers who have comparable privacy policies in place.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal, or regulatory reasons.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us, in writing, via e-mail at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with:
THE INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA) SITUATE AT:
JD HOUSE, 27 STIEMENS STREET, BRAAMFONTEIN, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
GENERAL QUERIES: firstname.lastname@example.org